For the Birthday Dog: Carrot-Oat Pupcakes
I can’t believe it. My little girl turned 11 today. Over the past 11 years, she has taught me patience and responsibility, but most importantly, unconditional love. Roxanne has been by my side through ups and downs, and always, always, loves me no matter what. There really is something to be said about the loyalty and comfort that dogs can provide.
We’re going to have a little dog party tonight that will include Roxanne shredding wrapping paper to unwrap her toys, taking toys away from any other dog that tries to play with them, and trolling for treats in her shark costume. One of those treats that I made for her today are these carrot-oat pupcakes. They are totally dog friendly and will make the day that much more special for your furry friend. Whether it’s to celebrate a birthday, or “just because,” whip these up for the pups in your life.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Preheat your over to 350°F.
- Spray three individual cupcake tins with non-stick spray.
- Mix your dry ingredients (flour, oats, and baking powder in a small bowl).
- Mix all other ingredients in a medium bowl until well blended.
- Add your dry ingredients and stir to incorporate.
- Split the mixture between the three muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for several minutes before removing from the muffin tin.
- Let your pups dig in (without a lit birthday candle of course).