Week-end Rewind: 5/25 – 5/31
I just have to start off by saying that this was an amazing weekend! I hope that you all had great weekends, too and got to do something fun outside. In Tahoe, it was absolutely gorgeous this weekend, minus some high clouds, but I’ll take it. Yesterday, I got a good long run in the morning and then spent a few hours on the lake paddle boarding. Today, I did something that I have never done in the 25 years I have lived here. I summited Mt. Tallac. It was a challenge, but the views were worth it. I am putting together a video blog post for you on it, so make sure you subscribe to my blog in the right side of the page to see my adventure. In the meantime, the top image is of me on the highest point of the peak.
I can’t believe that there are less than two weeks left till my first big race of the season! Lots of fun things are going on and I am glad that I have spent the past four months really training to make sure that I am ready. This past week, I was really concentrating on quality runs (both speed and length). Here’s the week-end rewind:
- Monday 5/25 – No work for Memorial Day. I took advantage of the day off and got a long run in the morning, since I skipped it over the previous weekend. 8.5 miles at 10:36 pace.
- Tuesday 5/26 – It was a cool afternoon with some thunder clouds in the distance, so I decided to take my pup to my favorite trail for a fun 3.5 miles. Didn’t bring a watch with me, so I have no idea what my pace was.
- Wednesday 5/27 – I had an appointment for torture in the afternoon (aka the dentist), so I ran in the morning before work on my treadmill. 30 minute tempo run at 4:30 am. Fun. Not.
- Thursday 5/28 – Cross-training was a long paddle board session in the afternoon. I am totally obsessed with my new board. Being on the lake is amazing, and man, is it a killer workout for your arms, back, core, and legs.
- Friday 5/29 – After hitting it pretty hard all week, I decided to take today off and gear up for the weekend.
- Saturday 5/30 – Woke up early for a 12-miler. The temperature was perfect and I even ran into my boss, who was also on a run. We ran together for two miles and it was a great pick-me-up in the middle of my run (2 miles at 9:30 pace). The benefits of living in a small town… My final mileage was 11.7 miles at 10:36 pace (I have no idea how my pace was exactly the same as my run on Monday, weird). After my run, I went paddle boarding for a few hours.
- Sunday 5/31 – Woke up and tackled Mt. Tallac. The total mileage was about 10 miles out-and-back with 3,000′ of elevation gain. I’ve included a picture of the amazing view here, but stay tuned for more to come. I’m just too tired tonight to get anything else together. What a day!
Total Running Miles: 26.7
Total Hiking Miles: 10
Total Paddling Miles: 6
I’m exhausted, but ready to tackle another week. What did you do this past week to feed your soul? What goals do you have for next week? One of my goals is more sleep. On that note, goodnight!