Week-end Rewind: 4/6 – 4/12
This past week was definitely a challenging one for me. There was a lot going on at work and a ton of school work to be done before I leave for San Diego next week. There were so many days where I just felt like throwing in the towel and saying “nope, not going to run today.” I’m proud to say that even though I thought that way constantly throughout the week, I didn’t skip a single workout and I feel a million times more accomplished because of that. I am also feeling super accomplished with a video I made to go on my About Me page today. I definitely don’t have any editing skills so it was a complete learning experience. Check it out and let me know what you think.
Below is what else I was up to from a running standpoint this week:
- Monday 4/6 – Rest day.
- Tuesday 4/7 – Treadmill intervals. This is the first time I have done intervals in a really long time and I actually enjoyed it. I did 6 x 400 at 6.5 mph, which always seems much faster on the treadmill than it is in real life.
- Wednesday 4/8 – 6 mile run at an 11:00/mile pace. This is the first time that I have run this far in years and it went really well. I would like to be a little (a lot) faster, but I’ll take it for now.
- Thursday 4/9 – Rest day.
- Friday 4/10 – Hit the Flume trail for 3.5 miles with the pup. We had fun and took some video along the way, which you can see here.
- Saturday 4/11 – Made an appearance at spin for the second week in a row. My butt is still sore from last week and hope that goes away soon as I start going more regularly. Who invented the bike seat anyways? Could they have invented anything more uncomfortable? Seriously.
- Sunday 4/12 – Easy 3 mile run this morning after I took the pup down to the beach for some self-reflection. Glad I got it in because I have been slaving away on the computer ever since.
That sums up my training for the week. I can’t believe that I only have 9 more weeks till the Lake Tahoe Relay and 10 weeks till the Rock Tahoe Half Marathon. That is like nothing in runner-time!
I’ve got another busy week on tap for next week, but am really looking forward to it. On Thursday I am heading to San Diego for the ASCRS/ASOA Annual Symposium and Congress with some colleagues. It will undoubtably be another go-go-go week, but we should find time to have some fun along the way. I am also running my first race in … I don’t know … over 2 years. It is only a 5K and definitely nothing I am taking too serious, but it will be fun to be back on the starting line.
What are your goals for next week? Comment below.