Week-end Rewind: 3/30 – 4/5
I hope you all had a great Easter weekend! It didn’t snow all winter here in Tahoe and then it was a blizzard yesterday. Go figure. Oh well. We’ll take whatever we can get in the form of liquid falling from the sky these days. With it snowing yesterday, I opted to forego my 6 mile run and reschedule it for this week. I am sooooo over my treadmill and the thought of doing 6 miles on it yesterday made my eye twitch. I also wasn’t about to freeze my butt off running in the snow. I managed to get a few miles in on the treadmill, but that was all I could stand. If anyone has a fool proof way to make treadmill time more enjoyable, please let me know.
All in all though, I felt like it was a great week for training. I got in some good runs and I even made it to a spin class on Saturday. It’s been over a year since I went to spin! Following is what my training plan looked like for the week:
- Monday 3/30 – 5 mile run on a little exercise course we have in town. I like this course because it is flat and all dirt, which my legs are really appreciating these days. Only problem, it is only .75 miles long, which means I go around and around and around… Overall felt pretty good and averaged 12:00 miles, which I’ll take at this point in my training.
- Tuesday 3/31 – Rest day.
- Wednesday 4/1 – 30 minute tempo. I ran this on the golf course and had a great run. Although I was sucking some serious wind, it felt good to get my legs moving fast again.
- Thursday 4/2 – Rest day.
- Friday 4/3 – Ran 3 miles on my favorite trail. You can read about it here.
- Saturday 4/4 – Went to spin class for the first time in over a year! It felt great and I am so excited to start spinning again. You can read my review on Yelp here.
- Sunday 4/5 – Ran 2.5 miles on the treadmill.
Something else super exciting, I had my first beer (if you can call Bigfoot that, ha!) yesterday with Easter dinner in over 2 months! To tell you the truth, I didn’t really miss it. Don’t get me wrong, it was nice to indulge a bit (I even had a little bit of cheese, cream, and the best tart ever that my mom makes), but it wasn’t as big of a deal as I thought it would be. Except for the tart. That was a big, delicious deal. So good. Anyways, coming off of my Whole30 experience, I thought that I would have all these emotions going “off plan,” but it was kind of anticlimactic. Maybe it’s a sign that I really have finally created a good relationship with food and alcohol.
I am looking forward to another great week ahead and increasing my mileage. I also have an interval session (6 x 400) on tap for tomorrow morning with my treadmill. I actually don’t mind intervals on the treadmill, just distance. What are some of your training goals for the next week?